Sunday, April 21, 2013

My Vision of My Own Place

Of all people, it is very strange that I should live in NYC. It's a great place and I am enjoying my time here and seeing what the city has to offer, but I have come to realize that it is not what I want out of my life. I want a place where I can just be. I want a place that is my own. A place that reflects my inner most being, where I am comfortable and happy all of the time.

Ok, that may sound like a tall order, but that is my goal. While I appreciate all that large cities such as Seattle, San Francisco, Boston, New York, etc. have to offer, I have found that it is not within me anymore to spend the majority of my life in them. I grew up in the woods and have found that I miss that more than anything. To that end, my vision is to have a piece of wooded property that I love and feel completely at home in. 

My vision has a piece that is at least 10 acres, nicely treed, varied terrain, with places to explore and use. It will have places that are special to us and magical in it's own way.

It will be within driving distance to my family in Eastern Washington so that I can visit decently often without it being a huge ordeal. Also, this way, they can come a visit to spend time there as well.

And on this land we will need  a place to live. I am pretty open here too. We have considered many different types of housing, so who knows what we will end up with in the end.

Options and Ideas

A wigwam may be a bit small and rather rough, but it may be a good start.

A Tent Cabin
Still small, but a little more sturdy.




A yurt. A bit more permanent. I love how they can be blended into the environment if done right.

Inside of a yurt: simple.



A little more modern mixed with a natural flair.

A Cabin: the ol' standby for any great woodsy home.


A cabin with style


Maybe a treehouse!

Perhaps a eco friendly little strawbale hobbit house.

There are plenty of options and I will be exploring more as time goes one. My husband has some great ideas for building something. I will try to get him to make a sketch to include on here in another post. This is just the beginning.









No comments:

Post a Comment